Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I call about....

Who do I talk to if I want to rent a town building?

Jimmy Mortag does all the reservations for the town buildings.  Please call the town shop (715) 542-3302 and if Jimmy is not available, leave him a message and he will get back to you.  You may also contact the Clerk/Treasurer at the office (715) 542-4531 and she can pass a message on to Jimmy.

What hours is the Town Office open?

There are no set hours, but generally I (Sharon Brooker, Clerk/Treasurer) am in the office in the afternoons.  If there is ever an occasion when you need to contact me, please feel free to call me at  (715) 892-7049.  We can always make arrangements to meet when it is convenient for you. 

Does the Town of Plum Lake issue building permits?

No.  The only construction type permits issued by the town clerk are a driveway permit and a fire number permit.  All other permits are issued through Vilas County Zoning.  Please visit our Permits/Zoning page.